• A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
• All meals
• A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
• All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
• Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
It also includes:
• All internal taxes and charges
• A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
US$200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
US$250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to providing breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on usage basis.
The list of hotels and lodges approved to provide accommodations are all listed on this website. If your accommodation is not listed on this website then it is not licensed to cater for international tourists.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over Tourist information and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual US$40 per night
- Group of 2 persons US$30 per person per night.
a) There shall be no charge other than visa fee of US$ 40 for children up to the age of 05 years. Children between the ages of 5-12 years shall be given 50% discount on minimum daily package rates.
b) Full time students below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions, shall be given 25% discount on minimum daily package rate. (tariff is US$ 187.5 per day)
c) A group size discount of 50% on minimum daily package shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 people.
d) A group size discount of 100% on minimum daily package shall be given to one person in a group exceeding 16 persons.